|Packaging||50kg, 1 ton, 1.25 ton|
|Thermal Conductivity||Above 30%|
|Size (Mesh)||100, 200, 300, 500 and Lumps, etc|
It is soft, pliable and elastic laminae. It exists in wide range of colors. The property of exfoliation together with the development of golden or silvery luster on heating is the outstanding characteristics of vermiculite by which it differs from mica.
- Its use is confined to the manufacturing of light weight bricks for insulation purpose.
- It is extensively used in concrete work in place of sand to save weight.
- Refractory insulation both in the form of loose vermiculite fill and vermiculite bricks is used in furnaces and kilns up to 1100 degree.
- It is also used in paint industry, used as lubricants and as a packing material.
- It is also utilized as filler in plastics and in horticulture.
- Unexfoliated vermiculite has a few minor uses such as for circulation, in drilling mud, in the annealing of steel etc.